Sunday, March 29, 2020

Tutorial: How to Make a 2d Platformer in Unity - Overview

This is the first in a series of tutorials showing You how to create a 2d platformer in Unity using the Unity physics system.  Before I show you the code I want to point you to the assists I will be using and I want to provide an overview of the series.  Below you will find links to the other posts and links to the assets I will be using.

Overview:

1.  Getting Started.
6.  Parallax Background.
7.  Climbing Ladders and Double Jump.
8.  Grabbing and Climbing Ledges.
9.  Enemy AI.


Getting started:

First make sure you have Unity installed.  You can grab it here.  I will be using Unity 2019.2 but any version after 5 should work.

We also need to download the assets I will be using.  Download Adventurer-1.5.zip, pixel2dcastle1.1.zip, and Grassy_Mountains_Parallax_Background-vnitti.zip.

Create a new project and move the files into the asset folder and let's get started programming!
Follow this link to the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment